The Estate of la Pousse d'Or dates back the Dukes of Burgundy, and it was already quoted in the year 1100 in capitular chapters. According to historians, our wines were already known in the 4th century. By the 13th century, the King of France of then, Philippe-le-Hardi, had the 'Gamay' set forbidden to the profit of the 'Pinot' set so as to better guarantee the quality of our wines. Later, his grandson, Philippe the 6th of Valois, had himself offered 72 Volnay casks by the Duke Eudes, and had them sent to the Royal Court
The Pousse d'Or domaine at Volnay was established in 1954. Its vineyards are anything but ordinary, consisting as they do mainly of premier and grand crus in the villages of Morey-Saint-Denis, Chambolle-Musigny, Corton, Pommard, Volnay, Puligny-Montrachet and Santenay
Since 1997, its new owner Patrick Landanger has invested considerable resources both in the vineyards themselves and in the arrangements for vinification and elevage.
In pursuit of ever-higher quality, he is animated by profound respect for his terroirs and this guides his ambition to share his passion for the great wines of Burgundy with the world at large.